Tuesday, October 30, 2012

'Cause I See The Light Surrounding You


As I've mentioned before, I was asked to participate in an exhibition put on by one of my absolute favourite Adelaide boutiques, Irving Baby!  They gave 20 local artists an identical lamp to decorate in any way they desired and this is what I came up with!



 I've been really enjoying getting back into embroidering (as you can see in my etsy store) so I could think of nothing better than embroidering a lyric by a band called Evermore from their song Light Surrounding You, and adding pom poms - because everyone knows how much I love pom poms!  The base of the lamp is covered by multi-coloured cord I practically stole from my mum's patchwork shop.

Irving Baby! have been posting images from each of the lamps as the days go by so to check out the others make sure you have a look at their facebook page.

The exhibition is held in the Irving Baby! store at 35 York Street (behind The Austral), Adelaide until the 9th of November!


2 comments:

  1. I really love your lamp, Phebe! I went in last week and had a look and it looks great in person, too. :D
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Andi, that really means a lot to me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...